Let’s chat about business, happiness, and bees! March 9th and March 12th
Every living creature has a “sweet spot,” a baseline for happiness, an instinct or internal compass that knows what it is that we are actually supposed to do. We may not entirely find what we are looking for, but something drives all of us to search for what it is that makes us buzz.
In honor of International Women’s Day, of Balyolu reaching its Kickstarter goals (one of the top 10 highest raising food projects in the history of Kickstarter), Balyolu’s global tour visiting the UN for the Commission on the Status of Women, making it as a finalist to the European/Middle East/North Africa/West Asian Regional Semi-Finals for the Global Social Business Plan Competition (and winning audience favorite!), and finally, I found out yesterday I was awarded a National Geographic Young Explorer award…(it’s been a very busy last 6 weeks!)… with all of this, me and the Balyolu team are taking a moment to pause… to regroup ourselves… and make sure to reflect on everything that has happened.
From the beginning, my mission has been to tell you about my experience because I want to document the human failures, mistakes, wins, celebrations, and lessons in trying to start a global social business as a young woman in Turkey. This has all happened so quickly, I’ve been working so hard, that taking a moment to reflect, and learn is not always easy.
But fortunately, I have two upcoming opportunities to reflect, and it is with all of you. I will have two online radio/type open interviews to talk about three things that have been on my mind:
- Why you should focus on your strengths rather than your weaknesses,
- Why one of the best ways to accomplish your own mission is through helping others with theirs.
- How to tell the difference between what you should and shouldn’t do when making business decisions.
Tune in on your computer or call in to give your own opinion. Here are the details:
1. TODAY Friday March 9, 2012, 10:30 am EST. – http://www.blogtalkradio.com/31voicesmarch/2012/03/09/walk-the-honey-road-with-balyolu-a-food-project-in-turkey.
2. THREE DAYS FROM TODAY Monday 3:00 pm Turkey time – PAWI Coffee Hour- Click on https://apps.facebook.com/taraagacayaklive, – test web cam and mic, if you wish to ask questions on camera – enter the room.
Together, let’s talk about our quest to find what makes each of us buzz, and how we can get there!
Posted on March 9, 2012, in Business, Inspired!, Travel, Women, youth and tagged finding what makes you buzz, happiness, International Women's Day, kickstarter, Turkey, women. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.